- Career Level Experienced
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender Both
The role of Lead Radiation therapist encompasses supporting and assisting the radiotherapy department in all aspects of its workflow from referral, treatment delivery to follow up. This will involve mould room tasks, localization and planning, treatment delivery and patient management and care. The radiation therapist shall adhere to these tasks according to established departmental practices and standards. In addition to the normal work, the Lead Radiotherapist should involve in all managerial or administration work of Radiotherapy department.Educational Requirements
• BSc. Degree in Radiotherapy from an accredited university or equivalent
• Current National / Professional / state-registered License
• Master’s degree in Radiotherapy is desirable
Professional Experience/ Knowledge
• 10 years’ experience as Radiotherapy Radiographer
• Lead Radiotherapy technologist must have sound knowledge of Human anatomy, Physiology, pathology and medical terminology
• Lead Radiotherapy technologist must have Sound knowledge of Radiation safety and safe handling of radiation sources and radiation equipment’s
• Lead Radiotherapy technologists must remain sensitive to the needss of the patient through good communication, patient daily assessment, patient monitoring and patient care skills
• Evidence of continuing education
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Managerial/ administration experience
• Provides direct daily supervision to the Radiation Therapists’ performance and the treatment delivery process to ensure timely, safe, efficient and cost effective patient care.
• Plans, schedules, and organizes work for group ensuring proper distribution and delegation of assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space, and facilities.
• Will perform radiation therapy duties and procedures as staffing and workload dictates.
• Collaborates with Physicians, Physicists, Dosimetrists, Nursing, and support staff to plan and implement corrective actions in order to improve treatment delivery Standards.
• Maintain required unit records, reports, and statistics for administrative purposes, ensure compliance with established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, PI (Performance Improvement), safety, environmental and infection control
• Participates in the hiring process, provides orientation, on-going training and education, assists in performance evaluation, implements disciplinary actions, and other related activities.
• Plan, schedule, and organize work for group ensuring proper distribution and delegation of assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space, and facilities